What means the error 1146

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:14 am
Report this post
Have a 1146 error on my test site.
Not sure what the issue is as I'm not compus with chasing any database errors that aren't in my face

Test site http://smetrade.com.au/alt/

All the general Google searches have specific errors in J! 2.5 and can't get them applying to mine.

Anyone care to dive in?
I've enabled Debug
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:21 am
Report this post
Forgot to include ... error only on front page home/index.php

Other URL's ok ... http://smetrade.com.au/alt/template/art ... le-article
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:45 pm
Report this post
Hi

This error means that there is a table missing in database. This may be becuase of a wrong joomla version module installed. Please try unpublish module after module from the ones used on frontpage. The last unpublished before site starts working will be to blame.

GK User
Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:09 am
Report this post
Weird
I switched off all the front end modules
Error disappears
Turn them all on
No error.

<shrug>
Not understanding but hey it's fixed
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:11 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. That's odd :) But if it's working now than I think it must have been some kind of a cache issue. Probably unpublishing has put restored the code.

GK User
Thu May 29, 2014 4:08 pm
Report this post
I've disabled Show last update date on Features (News2 template) and the error is gone. ;)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:21 pm
Report this post
I have the same problem. I get an error, 1146, after I installed News Show Pro GK5 and tried to create a new module. When the new module interface opened, it didn't show any save options.

On my Extension Manager: this is what my database info looks like:

Database schema version (in #__schemas): 3.3.6-2014-09-30.
Update version (in #__extensions): 3.3.6.
Database driver: mysqli.
84 database changes were checked successfully.
140 database changes did not alter table structure and were skipped.

What other info can I provide to get assistance? I don't know what switching off all the front end modules means, or I would have tried that.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:59 pm
Report this post
Hi

Does the error shows any more informations ? Error 1146 means that there is a table lacking in Your installation. Please paste rest of the error massage so we will know which table exactly.

GK User
Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:54 am
Report this post
This also happens on Quickstart download of your StoreFront template 3.x.
At least you should check your quickstarts before publishing them.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:21 pm
Report this post
Hi

I think I know what is the problem. Quickstart has only a content for en-GB languag and You must have missed this article: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... quickstart and installed a different language than a content is prepared for.

GK User
Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:46 am
Report this post
I installed storefront for Joomla 3 and get the 1146 error. tryed to unpublish modules but no response. Also the language is set to GB so this can not be the problem. Think it is somehow related with the update to vm3. Anyway, for now the storefront quikstart for Joomla 3 is not usefull.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:18 pm
Report this post
Okee so i was to fast. It is really a language problem. For everyone with this problem. Just do a clean install and follow the steps as provided here;

https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... art#vm3-j3
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:54 pm
Report this post
Hi

Yes, that's the only way. VM extended it's functionality and now default language is the one selected during installation. Unfortunately we can prepare a demo content for one language only so we have choosen the old default "en-GB" (English UK).

GK User
Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:18 am
Report this post
Hi everyone, I have done a clean install of "Quark" template and selected it_IT as a language during installation of the Quickstart package. I might have missed the install language button at the very end of the install and the site is showing 1146 page instead of home (or any other page as a matter of fact)

One thing I have not clear:
While installing a quickstart package for QUark (or any other template) is it possible to install a language other than "en_GB" or not?

I would like to avoid having to troubleshoot for hours and install-re-install for more hours just to figure out nobody bothered to prepare a simple txt file with installation Guidelines mentioning there is no other way to install quickstart other tan in en_GB.

Please clarify !
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:14 am
Report this post
Hi

Demo content in quickstart is prepared for English (United Kingdom) only. Since VM is not creating tables for not installed languages selecting of this language is mandatory for demo content to be working with VM. We have prepared an instruction: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... art#vm3-j3

GK User
Wed May 03, 2017 9:18 am
Report this post
Hello there. I have the same problem with the Box quickstart. I didn't choose any language in the installation, so, the default language in my site is en-GB. But I still get 1146 error on the front page.
Where is the problem now?

..also I get some error when I try to access Configuration of the VM: 0 [] operator not supported for strings
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 07, 2017 2:16 pm
Report this post
Hi

Error 1146 means that a table in database is missing. The error should also tell what table exactly. Maybe something was not installed completely.

GK User
Sun May 07, 2017 10:16 pm
Report this post
I updated VM and I was able to acces Configuration.
When I resetted the products to the default VM ones, the 1146 error disappeared. May be something in the Quickstart package is not OK.
Anyways, I solved my problem.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 11, 2017 1:37 pm
Report this post
Hi

Resetting also creates language tables if they are missing and it's the exact problem I've been talking about. Quickstart ha only language tables for English (United Kingdom), so selecting something else during installation results in lack of those tables and error 1146 .

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.