Following our last big update, we’ve decided to keep the next two updates much smaller. So, GavernWP v.1.8 is a simply a maintenance release with a few small features. Additionally, all Quickstart packages have been updated to support WordPress 3.6.
And just what does the future hold for the GavernWP framework?
In September, we will release GavernWP v.1.9. A list of the features planned for this release is available here.T his will be the final release before the next major milestone for the GavernWP framework: v.2.0.
In the fall of 2013, we will release the second version of our framework. This will contain numerous changes and improvements. The most important of these will be:
- Redesign of the Meet GavernWP theme (with few new mobile-ready menu systems)
- Full support for LESS files
- Separation of the existing widgets to plugins
- Separation of the shortcodes to plugin
- Separation of the SEO settings to plugin
- Much more options in the Theme Customizer
- Usage of the Theme Modification API instead of options
- Clean up of the framework code and structure
- and much more!
Do you have ideas to share? If yes, please submit them at the official repository; v.2.0 will be a good time for implementing new interesting features suggested by you.