Joomla 4 is under updates for new releases and new changes has been added with each release. Currently its in RC stage and we are hoping stable version will be released soon.
1. Typography StyleThe User Graphic user interface In Joomla 4 has been changed and getting a good visual is one the important part. Joomla developers decided to use popular web fonts ‘Roboto’ for the admin panel with Thin, Light, Regular, Medium, Bold and Black weights Style to give it a premium look.
2. ColoursThe new Joomla 4 admin dashboard comes in two colours dark blue and light grey. The contrast ratio of foreground colour & background colour of texts has to be at least 4.5:1 or higher as per WCAG 2.0 guidelines. The dark blue colour will be used for the sidebar and light grey colour will be used for the full UI.
3. New Joomla PatternIn Joomla 4 a new Joomla pattern is introduced, This will represent the Joomla community to let all the Joomlers together at one place. Here are the more information on the new pattern in Joomla 4.
4. New Login pageAfter the release of Joomla 4 , there are more new features added in Joomla 4. One of a lovely example of it is New login page of Joomla 4 that comes with new Joomla 4 pattern and also gives premium look with the brand logo that you can customize with your logo. The New login page also has the option to set beautiful background images behind the login area.
5. Improved work process and Restructure Admin dashboardA new Interface of Joomla 4 admin dashboard that comes with many improvements and a new feature in the user interface to make it more easier for daily workflow on Joomla CMS. All the Menu are added to the new sidebar. The back-end navigation is on the sidebar now with a collapsed option that helps the user to navigate between the menu, content, media, components, templates. On the top right there is site preview, Private message, notifications and edit user buttons that make the user interface a smooth touch.
6. Accessible Joomla supportAccessibility support in Joomla? Joomla 4 support AA compliant. Now Physically challenged people can use Joomla easily to work on the admin dashboard. In Joomla 3.x we can see the menu on the top of the screen and each menu will open the further submenu. What if one menu will do this? you can access all areas from the submenu and for those peoples who have an issue in accessibility now can access submenu items with a mouth stick.
7. New Menu ManagerJoomla 4 has a flexible menu system, The collapsible sidebar on the dashboard give all options with one click/hover on the menu item. In the new Joomla, many of the menu items will be merged into one menu item. You will see a Plus icon with each menu item that will give you the option to add a new item, this feature improves the flexibility and also manage items in Joomla will become fast.
8. ContentIn this section, you will see the article, custom fields, Media Manager and modules will also be part if as content with articles stats & user ratings.
9. Create/Edit articleIn new article manager there is a major improvement in the UI, now you will see the buttons to trash, feature article once the article is selected that give the UI a new style.TinyMCE editor is used to editing the content with new classic options to edit an image inside content. In article images and links option, you can drag and drop the images to upload them.Also, with new sidebar menu view the 3rd submenu level will be removed that gives extra space to article editor.
10. Components PageComponents page contains all the default Joomla components like search, banners, smart search, etc with + icons in each component to open further options.
11. Extension InstallationExtension installation in Joomla 4 is on the same page, you can install the extension drag and drop a file, from the folder and from URL in the same view.
12. User ManagerIn User Manager, you can modify the user’s with new flexible options for disabling, Set Inactive, batch and Delete users. Once you will select a user the Action tab will become active.
13. System SettingsThe system settings contain all the configurations options for setup, install, templates, Access level, cache, update and Manage. You can go to any option on one page.
14. Mobile View
A New Look for mobile gives it Premium feel when you open the Joomla 4 admin dashboard in mobile it is completely ready for mobile to access all the options.This is Prototype of new Joomla 4 backend and not implemented yet, we will get you updated with Joomla 4 news and updates. Joomla team also provides HTML version of the Joomla 4 back-end prototype. You can check Joomla 4 Prototype preview here