In 28 European countries at least once a week from the Internet using 426.9 million people representing 65 percent of total population – according to a survey of IAB Europe.
Key European findings revealed at IAB Europe’s Interact conference:
- 426.9 mln Europeans use the internet (65%), spending 14.8 hours online each week
- One third (37%) of Europeans access the internet using more than one device
- Traditional media activities are rapidly moving online with more than 9 in 10 European internet users visiting news websites
- Europeans are using the web and watching TV simultaneously to complement their viewing experience
- The internet has become an essential way for brands to engage with consumers with 4 in 10 European internet users agreeing that the way a brand communicates online is important
- 96% of European internet users research online for purchases and 87% shop online
Conducted using a combination of online, telephone and face-to-face methodologies totalling over 50,000 interviews across 28 markets Mediascope Europe now ranks as one of the leading sources of data on European consumer use of media and online shopping habits.
96% of European internet users research online for purchases, 87% shop online and almost one fifth (19%) of all their shopping is done via the internet. In a six month period Europeans spent €188 billion buying goods and services online – an average of €544 per European online shopper. Over 70 percent of European Internet users navigate the web from six to seven days a week. What does this mean for you? If you do not already have a website or e-store I think it is time to seriously think about making money onlinie. Owning your own business makes you do not have to work for someone else, so take back control over what and when you do. Without a doubt, but it’s running some risk, but “who does not play does not win.”
Whole raport you can read here: www.iabeurope.eu